Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Teacher's Worst Nightmare!

The funniest thing happened to me this morning. Previous to this month, I have been in the habit of waking up at 5am to exercise. Since I ran the marathon in December, I've been having a hard time getting back into the routine. However, I was determined to go to the gym this morning. Laid out my workout clothes, packed my lunch, packed my clothes for work, etc.

Beep! 5am, hit the snooze like I normally due....only I have assumed I hit it off! I woke up at 8am to the sunlight!! This is the first time that this has ever happened to me! I've had the normal freak out moments on the weekends, when I forget that it is the weekend. But this was the first actual I slept in! School begins at 8:15am.

Crisis was adverted, luckily I live 10 minutes away. Our gracious vice-principal stepped in for me and I arrived, unshowered, but put together by 8:30! I'm sure those of you who are teachers, know the panic. I just thought it was too funny that the morning after I start my blog, I truly had an unforgettable, funny event occur!

Anyway, I'm on a prep and I need to get back to grade a huge science posttest. Luckily the students are doing well! Hooray! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment