Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Crazy Tuesdays!

Don't get me wrong I love, love, love 3-day weekends! It's just a rough start to my week beginning with my students on a Tuesday. Tuesdays are my longest days with no breaks in them. I was running around frantically trying to get math and homeroom homework copied, along with all the other weekly work. It's so funny how 5th graders are on top of everything and they know when you do not have it together!

"Mrs. Davidson, aren't you going to pass out homework now?"

"Mrs. Davidson, aren't we going to work on geography now?"

"Don't we need to do (insert school work) now?"

I love them, but sometimes the questions drive me crazy! Today was definitely a day where I had to breathe and take it one minute at a time. Nice thing is it is already Wednesday.

But it is also times like these where I don't want to be counting down to the weekend. I love my job and I really want to make a difference in these students lives and help them develop a love of learning!!

We need to dive back into hands-on "constructivist" learning! I'm glad to start teaching science again this week.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Three posts!! You broke the curse. Haha! Great to see that you're writing again. Funny because I pooped out in the summer and am only just returning. We'll see if it lasts. I had no idea who "Read.Write.Plan.Teach.Survive." was when I saw the comment. Had to click on the link. Keep on postin' and I'll try to be consistent too!!! =)

    ReplyDelete