Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beginning of a Blog?

So I'm attempting to begin a blog on my job/life! Last year at this time, I started a fitness blog, but after the first blog, I never posted again. Yikes! I think the subject was too difficult to blog consistently.

This blog is going to be a place where I will organize my thoughts, my findings of interesting websites, book reviews, and anything else I need. Often times, I'm researching different lesson ideas and I'll find some good resources. However, I then lose the information and never return to the website that I thought was a great resource. My hope is that blogging about these will also be a way of keeping track.

I'm also mulling over starting a classroom website and/or blog. There is so much out there, at times it is overwhelming! I'm not sure where to start. To help my decision, I decided that starting my own blog will help me feel comfortable with this process.

There are many teaching blogs that I'm beginning to follow and be inspired from! I am truly amazed by what teachers are doing in their classrooms to make an impact in their student's lives.

I'm excited to see what this will turn into! Will I post for a second time??? To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Go Heather! I hope you continue. It's always fun to see what folks find to write about. My blog is stereotypical mom stuff but feel free to check it out: www.milesmeetsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting this blog, as now I can also check out the world of "blogging." I haven't to date much and often wonder if it's worth the time spent. I have a class website and update it weekly and really like it and get pos. feedback from parents. Way to go Heather! I'll check it out and see how is is progressing.

    ReplyDelete